AC Tune-Up at Southland Heating and Air Conditioning
Your air conditioning system is much like a vehicle. It requires service to run at the optimal level. To ensure your system is running properly and at its highest efficiency, it is important to schedule an annual maintenance or tune-up. Our highly trained technicians will ensure that your system is running properly so that you have peace of mind that your system will be ready for the summer season and operate at the highest efficiency possible. Our service technicians check your system for wear and tear and inspect the wiring and fluids in your system so it is ready when the weather calls for it. Call to have our professional staff schedule a tune-up on your air conditioning system.
If you are not regularly maintaining your air conditioning system, you could be putting your system at risk for a failure. That means when the heat wave hits this summer you could be without air conditioning. We recommend getting your ac system checked on an annual basis.
During an air conditioning maintenance visit, our technicians inspect the entire system, checking the filters in and outside of your air conditioner, checking all electrical connections, lubricating the blower fan motor bearings, inspecting the condensate line and drain, testing the compressor and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils.
Having your annual tune-up ensures your system is running properly and efficiently when you need it. It also ensures that there are no surprises when your energy bill comes each month.
A whole–house air conditioning system is a major investment for any home. Make sure your system is properly maintained. If a problem arises, call a professional contractor to repair the problem quickly to avoid replacing the system. A little prevention can save you a lot in the long run.
- Calibrate thermostat. Improperly calibrated, it will call for more or less cooling than desired, either costing you money or denying you comfort.
- Check the blower motor and blower wheel. Motor bearings require semi-annual lubrication to reduce friction and wear. The blower wheel must be clean to deliver proper airflow.
- Check and adjust blower components. This ensures adequate airflow for proper efficiency.
- Check condensate drain. A clogged drain can cause severe water damage as well as cause high indoor humidity levels.
- Replace or clean air filters. Very important for efficiency and longer system life. Standard throw-away filters will be replaced free of charge. If needed, electronic air-cleaning cells and pre-filters will be washed with water, large high-efficiency media filters will be replaced for an extra charge.
- Inspect evaporator cooling coil (indoors). Grease and dirt can build up on this coil and reduce system capacity and efficiency. A dirty coil can cause condensate water leakage and damage to the property.
- Check outside fan. This will save energy.
- Straighten fins on outdoor coil as needed. Increases air flow to save energy.
- Examine all electrical connections. Maintains safety and the equipment.
- Check starting capabilities. Good assurance the system will start and operate when needed.
- Take operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge. Too much charge or too little can damage the compressor and cause high electric bills.
- Record amperage measurements on motors. Improper amperage can reduce significantly the life of the compressor, evaporator and condenser motor.
- Inspect all safety controls.
- Record temperature drop. By checking the actual degrees of temperature drop throughout your system, our technician can define how well your system performs.
- Check condenser coil. Dust and dirt on the condenser coil reduces the system’s capacity to remove heat and increases energy usage.
- Inspect equipment for proper clearances. If bushes and plants grow too close, the air conditioner can’t receive proper air-flow. This can waste energy and shorten the life of the equipment.