Improving Your Air Quality Can Improve Quality of Life
Most homeowners don’t give indoor air quality a second thought; however, maybe they should. While identifying indoor air quality problems doesn’t have to be complicated, some people don’t realize anything is amiss until they start to feel sick on a regular basis.
In fact, indoor air quality plays a major part in many people’s’ health, as they spend a majority of their time indoors rather than outside. This means that the quality of air people breath can impact their respiratory health. From mold to pet dander to pollen to harmful chemicals and dust, there are countless issues that can result in dangerous indoor air pollution. The good news? You may be able to address some of the issues that threaten your indoor air quality and overall health.
Simple Ways to Boost Indoor Air Quality:
- – Upgrade or repair HVAC units when needed. A poor performing furnace, AC unit, or other equipment could do more than just cause discomfort — it could also result in reduced indoor air quality. Don’t wait to get your HVAC system back in tip top shape!
- – Improve your home insulation with options such as spray foam or cellulose to prevent moisture buildup and mold growth. Better insulation can also keep out dirt, dust, and other pollutants.
- – Consider a mini-split heat pump to prevent spreading of pollutants through a central air and ductwork system. These systems can also help reduce moisture issues and prevent mold growth.
- – Get air sealing to seal any cracks, holes, or other small areas that may allow quality air to escape from your house. This doesn’t only help indoor air quality, but also can make your home more energy efficient.
- – Schedule duct cleaning and sealing to make sure that dust, allergens, and other harmful particles are not so easily circulated around by your duct system.
- – Install a whole house fan to prevent stale indoor air from settling in your house – instead, the fan will send it out of the house through the attic vents, keeping your home energy efficient and boosting air quality.
Ready to Breathe Clean Air Again?
If you are concerned about the quality of air in your home, now is the time to make an adjustment. Southland Heating and Air Conditioning understands the importance of protecting the air you breathe in your own home. That is why we offer indoor air quality solutions tailored to your specific needs and home comfort goals. Let’s start talking about improving your indoor air quality today!