Fire Up The Furnace & Winterize Your Home
When the chillier days start to hit in Ventura County or Los Angeles County and surrounding areas, you don’t want to be left out in the cold. That is why Southland Heating and Air Conditioning is here for all of your home heating needs this winter. For most Southern California homeowners, the winters are pretty moderate. However, even a moderate winter day could leave you feeling chilled to the bone if your furnace breaks down! Ensuring your home is winterized is always important, even in beautiful, sunny SoCal!
What are some ways you can ensure your home is ready for the winter weather this year? Our heating experts have you covered!
Make sure you check off this winterizing list:
- Replace that furnace filter – Time for a furnace tune-up? Make sure you have your filter updated to ensure your home heating is at its finest this year.
- Make sure the furnace area is clear – From debris and storage to hidden christmas gifts, clutter can easily be placed to close too your furnace or become a flammable hazard. Always clean up the area before you fire up that furnace!
- Check out your thermostat – While you may have had no problems all summer long when running your system on cool, it is important to test out your thermostat to ensure it’s working properly when in heating mode
- Inspect your weather stripping – Even with your furnace and thermostat working just right, if your home isn’t properly insulated for the cold, you could be left feeling a chilly draft. Check out your weather stripping to make sure it will do the job!
- Keep those trees trimmed – Not just that Christmas tree, but the ones around your property as well! Weak tree limbs could become a hazard in the winter, especially if they fall on power lines or crash through windows in a storm.
- Ensure your carbon monoxide detectors work – Whether using your furnace, lighting holiday candles, or using any other heat source, it is important to double check your carbon monoxide detectors. If your furnace has a crack in the heat exchanger, it could create a leak and put your home in danger if your detector isn’t working right.
No matter where you live, it is always important to take some steps to winterize your home! Make sure you keep your friends and family comfortable in your home this year by getting that furnace tuned up and ensuring your home is ready for any winter weather. Southland Heating and Air Conditioning is ready to tackle any heating service you may need for your home, from inspections to tune-ups to heating system replacements. Give us a call today for top-quality HVAC services in the Ventura County area and beyond!